Friday, May 18, 2012

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday all shoved into Faux Friday

I am so sorry!

You all must think I am the most inconsistent blogger, which is partially true. I have excuses though! 

Tuesday was MY BIRTHDAY!! Needless to say, I was a little distracted with the festivities! Unfortunately Tuesday I had three finals which really put a damper on my day however, my day quickly turned around when my best friend Chris, took me to get a wonderful spa pedicure and manicure! On top of that, my other best friend Sam who lives about 2 hours away showed up at my house to surprise me on my special day! I was absolutely shocked! I had no idea! Usually my family and friends are terrible at hiding surprises! My sister and Chris worked really hard to keep it a surprise and I love them for that! After dinner with my family, we enjoyed a few margaritas with a couple more of my friends and then had a giant sleep over in my basement! Nothing like a good old fashion sleep over with your best friends! 

Wednesday, Sam was still around so Chris and I went and did a few things with her before she had to leave. It was so nice to be able to spend time with two of my best friends!

Thursday, I spent studying, preparing for my last final of the semester! After I took my exam, which I hopefully did well on, I went over to my co-worker, Kate's house, where she hosted a classy dessert and wine party for the Vineyard Vines family! We had a bunch of laughs and delicious treats! They have all made me feel so welcome at my new job and have become great friends!

Today, since the weather is gorgeous, Chris and I decided to head to the beach for some lunch and relaxation. This morning we had facials at a new spa in the area which were well deserved after a difficult semester. 
On a practical prepster side note, the facials were purchased off a website called Groupon. For those of you who don't know about this website, companies post deals and promotions for their products and services at a fraction of the original price. You can buy Groupon deals for vacations, clothes, tech gadgets, dinner outings, outdoor adventures, hair care and a variety of beauty treatments. As a practical prepster, I highly recommend checking the website out and seeing what deals are in your area! I bought my hour long organic facial this morning for only $25. The retail price of the facial is $75 but with the Groupon offer, I got it for less than half of the price. I would say that's a steal! 

Anyway, after our facials we continued on the relaxation trend and headed to the beach for the afternoon. Tonight, Chris and I are going out with some friends for a sushi dinner and to see the new movie What to Expect When You're Expecting. It looks like a funny one!

Now, back to more relevant blogging matters. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday came and went so let me try and catch up.

Try-it Tuesday!


Frozen Mango Margarita RecipeIngredients
  • 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen diced mango
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 2/3 cup tequila (preferably silver, 80 proof)
  • 2 tablespoons Cointreau or other orange liqueur
  • 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
  • 2 cups ice water

Directions
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Per Serving: Calories 180; Total Fat 0 g; (Sat Fat 0 g, Mono Fat 0 g, Poly Fat 0 g) ; Protein 0.5g; Carb 21 g; Fiber 1.5g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 0.5mg
This light, and relatively healthy margarita recipe is perfect to serve at a summer party. The seasonal mango adds a flare to an ordinary margarita and will surely spice up any gathering! Definitely check this recipe out, they are delish! The best part, you don't feel guilty for drinking them because they're only 180 calories!

Wishful Wednesday
For those of you who don't know what Pandora is, Pandora is a jewelry company that makes charm bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings, watches and other speciality items. Pandora has become popular for their intricate charms for different seasons, holidays, occasions or just for any ordinary day! What many people don't know about is their selection of beautiful rings! For my birthday my cousins bought my this gorgeous turquoise ring from Pandora that is absolutely perfect for any summer outfit. 
I have a few rings from Pandora and they are a great accessory to any outfit. I always get tons of compliments on them especially when I stack different styles together. The best part about Pandora is that many of their items don't need to be thought of as wishful because many are fairly reasonably priced. Some are only $30!
Definitely check out Pandora if you're looking to spruce up your jewelry collection are aren't looking to spend a fortune!

Thrifty Thursday
I think I have mentioned this before but in case not, I love the store Old Navy. They have classic essentials for any wardrobe at an affordable price. While I was on their website the other day I found a bunch of cute summer additions but this one really stood out.
I have actually seen these shorts advertised in magazines saying that these are the must have summer shorts. They are nautical, preppy and fortunately, affordable! They're only $20 and today, Old Navy is having a sale for an additional 25% off! You could get these shorts for next to nothing! If you're like me, you're already building your summer wardrobe so why not add these?

Finally, Faux Friday

Tory Burch, one of my all time favorite designers, always makes the cutest flip flops. However, they aren't always within my budget. When I was on eBay hunting for a few things, I came across these flip flops.

Would you believe they are fake and only $20? These merely identical flip flops would fool anyone! Go to eBay and type in fake Tory Burch flip flops and there are several options that show up! There are all different patterns in tons of sizes! Take a look and see which faux flop you like best!

Okay, well I know those posts were brief I felt obligated to catch up! Anyway, I am officially on summer break so I must go get ready for tonight's festivities! Have a great weekend! Be safe! 

Preppily yours,
The Practical Prepster

No comments:

Post a Comment