Sunday, April 29, 2012

Where-to Weekend!


Hi preppies!!

This weekend was a very eventful weekend, hence the late faux Friday post! Friday, I went out shopping for my up coming job interviews and then babysat the cutest kids who live across the street.
Saturday morning I got up early for an interview with Vineyard Vines, the insanely preppy clothing store for a summer retail associate position. I was so excited to get a call later Saturday afternoon with an offer! I am so excited because I absolutely love the classic, preppy style of Vineyard Vines, and who can forget the most exciting part? DISCOUNTS! I think I’ll end up spending my paycheck before it even makes it to the bank! I know Vineyard Vines isn’t necessarily on a practical prepsters budget, but seeking job opportunities at places that aren’t necessarily your “go-to” stores can offer you great discounts to expand your wardrobe with! Plus, all of you readers will benefit because I’ll give you updates on the latest styles and any promotional codes that come my way!

Saturday night I spent the evening with some friends, visiting one of our other friends who was recently in a serious car accident. Not to get all mushy on you, but seeing my friend in the physical state he is in makes me appreciate how fortunate I am and how you never know when the tables will turn or when a life changing event can affect your life. So, appreciate what you have, love all who are in your life, focus on today and do not dwell on the past because you never know what the future has in store. Sometimes I get caught up in the moment and frustrations but when I step back I remember how truly blessed and fortunate I am for all that I have and for all of those who love me.

On a lighter note, today I spent the afternoon with some fellow prepsters! One of my mom’s closest friends hosted a Thirty-One party this afternoon. I had never heard of this company before, apparently it is popular in the South. So for those of you readers from down South, fill me in!! Anyway, my mom and sister had to attend a few college visits because my poor sister is in the dreaded SAT and college hunting phase. She just passed her road test Wednesday so that milestone is over but there are a few more to go! I don’t miss those days! Anyway, another one of my mom’s closest friends lives across the street from my family. We are extremely close with her and her family so much so that she is like my second mother. So, since I had no one to go with and my “second mother” wanted someone to go with, since she doesn’t have any daughters, we made a “second-mommy-daughter-date” out of it. My mom’s friend who hosted the party lives in a gated community in my town that is right on the water. The houses are absolutely gorgeous and the view is breath taking! My mom’s friend is always so welcoming, opening up her home and inevitably her refrigerator, if I’m hungry that’s the place to go! She had the bags displayed throughout her living room for us to browse through. My aunt, mom and sister eventually showed up to make a few purchases too! The bags are all practical, functional and for the most part affordable. With the summer coming up I was on the look out for a new beach tote and luckily I found a fun, summery tote! After me and some of the most important women in my life bonded over brunch and bags, we headed home to enjoy a nice family dinner of pizza, come on, I’m from Long Island so cut me some slack!

Take a look at some of the bags I bought from the Thirty-One party!

This is the beach tote a bought. I know the bag looks small in the picture but it's actually pretty big. There is a zipper pocket inside and the entire bag in lined which is great incase something spills or so wet towels don't ruin it either! Isn't the pattern cute too? It's called Chains Ahoy! I thought it was fun, summery, young and of course, preppy!! 

This is the matching lined zipper pouch. I figured this would be great for my suntan lotion and such so that it doesn't spill all over and so that I can stay organized. 


 It may be hard to see but the small clutch in the bottom right corner of the picture is in the matching pattern so I couldn't resist! I thought that it would be a good wristlet to have so that when I want to run to the concession stand at the beach I can grab this without having to bring my whole bag. Not only is this wristlet good for the beach but it would make a colorful addition to a casual summer outfit!

I hope you all had a nice weekend!
Tell me what you did!

Preppily yours,
The Practical Prepster 

No comments:

Post a Comment