Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thrifty Thursday:for the summer mindset!!


Hello again!

I’m sitting in class staring blankly at the PowerPoint screen. I have mentally checked out for the semester and changed over to summer mode. Unfortunately, I’ve checked out a little too early, finals aren’t for another two weeks! Anyways, what better way to spend my time in class than to write today’s Thrifty Thursday post! Since I’m sure I am not the only one who has checked out a little early and daydreams of the warm beaches and the sand between my toes, I thought today’s thrifty, practical, preppy finds should compliment our summer mindsets!

With all of the different fun and exciting parties that summer has to offer, finding the perfect bag to complete your outfit is a necessity. But who wants to pay some of the insane prices for a straw bag or for a nautical tote? Answer: NO ONE!! Another problem is finding a bag that will match more than one outfit! I can offer you two solutions for your summer bag frustrations!

The store Express isn’t necessarily my go-to store for the preppiest finds; however, their accessories tend to be great preppy accents for any outfit! While I was browsing through their website, this is what I found:



This straw handbag is a perfect accessory that will definitely go with more than one of your summer outfits. The neutral color is not limiting, rather, the simplicity of the bag allows you to use it with a number of outfits for a variety of occasions. And who can beat the price? $40!

Here is another option:


This canvas, bold and more colorful option is a great accessory for a pool party or a casual stroll on the boardwalk. Every prepster should have a vibrate piece in their wardrobe; they’re a great way to stand out!

If you buy either of these pieces let me know what you think!

Talk to you to tomorrow!

Preppily yours,
The Practical Prepster

No comments:

Post a Comment