Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Try-it Tuesday!


Hey again prepsters!

Who doesn’t love a nice relaxing day at the spa? But who wants to pay some of the ridiculous prices for the treatments? Once a week I treat myself to a manicure, whether I go to a nail salon or do them myself, I try to make time to keep my nails looking clean and polished. You would be surprised how many people notice your hands and nails while having a conversation with you! No one wants to have people notice dull, bitten fingernails! So, why don’t you prepsters try making time each week, maybe Friday after school or work to do a few at home spa remedies! Start with painting your nails!

After solving the issue of finding time, the next is what color to go with! During the spring, I like to keep a light color on my nails. My favorite is High Maintenance by Essie (my mom jokes and says the name of the color is fitting for me!)

This sheer pink color isn’t to understated so that it isn’t noticed and yet isn’t bold enough that it won’t go with everything you wear.

During the summer, I like to spice it up and try out different coral colors or even a light blue! I like California Coral and Turquoise and Caicos by Essie!


Essie makes to many fun seasonal colors that if you don’t like my suggestions, you will definitely find one that suits you! I know nail polishes can be a bit pricy, but there are plenty of places to find cheap polishes (don’t forget here, I am the practical prepster!).

Since I am partial to Essie nail colors, I did my research and found that Amazon.com sells some Essie colors for as low as $1.50! Considering Essie polishes cost around $8, I would say that’s a bargain! The links under the pictures will take you right to the cheapest polish I hunted down!

What do you think of my suggestions? Do you have any color recommendations?

Preppily yours,
The Practical Prepster

No comments:

Post a Comment