Friday, April 20, 2012

First Faux Friday!


Hey prepsters!

Welcome to the first faux Friday! Today’s unfortunate economic state doesn’t help the financing of a prepster’s wardrobe. So…I’ve spent some time finding affordable alternatives for some of the quintessential prepster items. I think you’ll be impressed with how close some of the alternatives are to the real deal. What you’ll be even more impressed with is the price of the alternatives!

I think it is safe to say that most of us prepsters have heard of Longchamp, the French handbag and accessories company. Perhaps the most familiar Longchamp bag is the Le Pliage. They come in different sizes and all kinds of fun, seasonal colors! Although I am guilty of owning a few real ones myself, I have found an excellent alternative for the pricey bags. I am sure that like me, many of you are eBay addicts! Well, you’ll be happy to know through my eBay addiction I found a nearly fool proof alternative for the Longchamp Le Pliage bag! I ordered one of these bags in black to use for school and for traveling and I love it! The bags are offered in 3 different sizes and a variety of colors that are similar to the actual colors. While I will say that I have found 2 minor, picky, flaws (the fake bags are a little shinier than the real ones and that handles are slightly shorter than the long handles of the real bags) the eBay bags are great practical, preppy alternatives for the pricier real deal.




**Disclaimer, the bags come from China and the order can take up to 3 weeks to get to you so order in a timely manner!!**

Since this is the first Faux Friday, what the heck, might as well give you prepsters two practical preppy alternatives. For those of you who haven’t heard of Etsy, this website is a place for crafty people to sell their unique creations. One prepster staple is a needlepoint belt. Unfortunately since needlepoint belts are handmade, they tend to be extremely expensive. Tucker Blair, a small company who makes beautiful needlepoint belts, sells at a rather high price that may not be affordable for a practical prepster. Thankfully for Etsy, needlepoint belts can be affordable for the more practical prepster. The Etsy shop, Mandy’s Needlepoint, creates preppy belts that are great to pair with Bermuda shorts and a classic button down or polo in order to achieve that preppy, causal summer look!


Enjoy!

Preppily yours,
The Practical Prepster

No comments:

Post a Comment