Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weekend Where-abouts and Where-to's!

Hey there!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

This weekend I was pretty busy getting ready for my vacation. So, I was running around getting last minute stuff and packing! While shopping, I brought my dad into Vineyard Vines to check out a few things and naturally, my dad walked out with a shopping bag full of clothes! Anyway, tomorrow I am leaving for a week to go spend some time with my family at our vacation home up north. Even though it's in the middle of no where we usually find plenty to do! We go swimming in the lake, take a few day trips, visit friends and this week the county fair is in so we will be spending a lot of time there! A few of our friends participate in the demolition derbies at night so we will be there cheering them on! (I sound so country don't I?) Don't worry though, I packed plenty of VV clothes to keep the prep alive! 

Last night I went out to a bar with a few friends and enjoyed a couple of drinks, nothing too crazy! I love casual nights out with friends! Even though the night was fairly tamed, I am exhausted! Plus, I have to wake up early to hit the road! Definitely stopping for bagels and Starbucks before we head north!

Also, this weekend my mom and dad stopped at the local farmers market just down the block from my house and picked up some delicious fresh produce, along with some other treats, including these unique sunflowers which are called Teddybear Sunflowers! 


Aren't they beautiful!

Unfortunately, since I am going to be away, I don't think you preps will be hearing from me until next Sunday or Monday. So, hang in there and when I'm back I will have plenty of updates and plenty more prep to share! 

Have a great week!

Preppily yours, 
The Practical Prepster

PS-In the spirt of my vacation to the country side, here is one of my favorite country songs!
"Country Must be Country Wide" by Brantley Gilbert 

No comments:

Post a Comment