Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tequila Tuesday!

Hey there!

I just got home from a long day at my internship and what wore me out even more was when I realized it's only Tuesday! But preppies...



"Keep calm and have a cocktail"

It's 5 o'clock by me so it's officially happy hour! 

During the summer months I love fruity drinks. Usually my go to is a Malibu Bay Breeze but lately I've been on a tequila kick! I've been trying new recipes, experimenting with tequila. The other day my sister made me a Tequila Sunrise and it was delish! So, I thought I would share a Tequila Sunrise recipe with you!


Ingredients

  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger tequila
  • 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
  • ice cubes
  • 1/2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger grenadine syrup
  • 1 slice orange, for garnish
  • 1 maraschino cherry for garnish

Directions

  1. Stir or shake together tequila and orange juice. Fill a chilled 12 ounce glass with ice cubes; pour in orange juice mixture. Slowly pour in the grenadine, and allow it to settle to the bottom of the glass (be patient). Garnish with a slice of orange, and a maraschino cherry.

See, the coloration makes the drink look like a sunrise (hence the name)!

While you're sipping on your lovely Tequila Sunrise, enjoy a little Kenny live from Red Rock...



ahhh time to relax!

Preppily yours, 
The Practical Prepster

No comments:

Post a Comment